The Khan audio VTMP is a full featured all tube microphone preamp and much more. Powered by 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes, they are arranged in a classic feedback controlled gain block. Transformer coupled inputs and outputs are standard for full frequency response with minimal noise interference from the outside world. A rugged, high filtered power supply delivers the basis for the device.
The VTMP has a microphone gain range of 35 to 57 dB. The 20dB pad allows use with hot microphones and signal sources without clipping. It can also be used as a balanced line driver accepting nominal +4dB signals at the balanced line input jack. A high impedance instument input is also included with a thru jack for live/di use. A 6 position output pad allows the use of the overload character of the box. With a plethora of input and output configurations, the Khan VTMP can enhance your recording process.
- All Tube Signal Path
- 12AX7 and 12AU7 Tubes
- Cinemag input transformer
- Custom Output transformer
- -20dB/-10dB mic/line pad
- 12 position Gain switch in 2dB steps
- 6 position output pad in -6dB steps
- 1/4" High Impedance Instrument Input
- -12dB instrument pad (active/passive sources)
- 1/4" Instrument direct thru jack.
- Transformer Balanced Line Output
- High Headroom Gain Stage Design
- High Filtered Internal Power Supply
- Sleek Ergonomic Design
- Instrument Input impedance 2.2M ohm
- Max Signal Input: 3v RMS (+10dB)
- Gain: 23dB - 45dB
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 30KHz +/- 1dB
- Mic Input impedance: 1K ohm
- Max Signal Input: .7v RMS (+0dB)
- Gain: 35dB - 57dB
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 24KHz +/- 1dB
- Line Input Impedance: 100k ohm
- Max Signal Input: 10v RMS (+20dB)
- Gain: -10dB - +14dB
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 22KHz +/- 1dB
- THD (1KHz 0dB Input): .75%
- Signal to Noise: > -92dB
- Size: 8.5" x 5.25" x 2.5"
- Voltage: 120Vac, 240V upon request
- Weight: 6lbs